A Great Place To Purchase Barbie Dolls
View All Barbie Dolls
The beautiful, ever-glamorous Barbie Doll collection features everybody's favorite couple, Barbie and Ken dolls. Barbie will take your breath away with the Dolls of the World. Welcome to our Barbie Doll shop for the most dazzling Barbie collectible dolls by Mattel, Inc. Shop Now!
The Barbie doll was invented in 1959 by Ruth Handler (co-founder of Mattel), whose own daughter was called Barbara. Barbie was introduced to the world at the American Toy Fair in New York City. The doll was intended to be a teenage fashion doll. There has been some controversy over Barbie's figure when it realized that if Barbie was a real person her measurements would be an impossible 36-18-38. The Ken doll was named after Ruth's son. Barbie first had bendable legs in 1965.
Since 1959, Mattel's Barbie doll has been a smash hit with little girls around the world. Barbie has certainly seen it all over the years. Here are just a few facts to see if you can remember some of the more important moments in the life of Barbie.
1. For over 45 years the Barbie doll has been involved in over 80 different careers. Her first career was actually a teenage fashion model.
2. In 1992, Barbie doll was a Presidential candidate. No word on whether she was a Democrat or Republican.
3. Barbie first became an astronaut back in 1965. She also continued to be one in 1986 and 1994.
4. Barbie was not released in Europe until 1961, two years after debuting in the U.S.
5. Over 150 nations market the Barbie doll.
6. Mattel estimates that two Barbie dolls are sold somewhere every two seconds.
7. In 1980, Mattel came out with the first Hispanic and black Barbie dolls.
8. Totally Hair Barbie has the distinction of being the best seller over the years.
9. Barbie has had 5 sisters over the years and 21 dogs as well; although her first pet was a horse called Dancer.
10. Only stamp collecting is more popular in the U.S. than doll collecting.
11. Amazingly, over 105 million yards of material have been used in making Barbie doll clothes. This includes her friends also. In fact, Mattel is a major clothing maker.
12. The very first Mattel Barbie doll sold for a price of $3.00.
13. Do you have an original 1959 Barbie doll? It would be worth up to $10,000 if it's in good condition.
14. The market for Barbie is $1.5 billion dollars, per year.
15. The Ken doll, which was Barbie's long-time boyfriend, first came out in 1961.
You can find out much more about Barbie Doll Facts [http://www.barbie.infofroma-z.com/Barbie_Doll_Fun_Facts.html] as well as more information on everything to do with Barbie on our website at [http://www.barbie.infofroma-z.com]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Terry_Edwards
onlinecollectibles.com - 1997-2010